- Lockers are available at the Branches. Click here for list of branches with locker facility.
- Lockers are rented at least for one year and rent is payable in advance. Two years rent is payable in advance at the time of allotment of locker and subsequently renewed or surrendered on or before due date..
- Lockers can be hired by individuals, limited companies, associations and trusts
- Should have a Savings or Current account with Jana Seva Sahakari Bank (Borivli) Ltd.
- Nomination on safe-deposit lockers enables the Bank to release the contents to the nominee of the hirer, in the event of the death of the hirer.
- Need to fill up the form and submit it to the concerned branch. (Download Form)
- The nomination facility is available to single locker hirer only.
- The nomination can be made in favor of one individual only
- Unpaid locker rent if any is to be recovered from nominee, in case of death of hirer.
- If a locker is hired in the name of a minor, the nomination will be made by a guardian lawfully entitled to act on behalf of the minor.
- If a locker is hired in the name a minor, under proper guardian to operate the locker the nomination will be made by someone lawfully entitled to act on behalf of the minor
- Locker Rent varies as per sizes. Click here for Size-wise Locker Rent
- Lockers are available different branches in various sizes, hence customers may contact respective branch for availability of locker as per size of their choice.
Terms & Conditions
- Lockers can be allotted individually as well as jointly.
- The Locker hirer is permitted to add or delete names from the list of persons who can operate the Locker or have access to it locker.
- Loss of key is to be immediately informed to the concerned branch. In case of Break open of locker, locker hirer is required to pay the Break Open Charges as may be made applicable at the relevant period.
Freezing / Unfreezing of lockers
- The bank will give due cognizance to orders received from a competent authority having statutory powers for freezing / unfreezing of locker.
- Lockers may be surrendered with a written request from the Hirer duly signed by all Locker hirers.
- Contents of the request letter should clearly state that the locker has been vacated & all the belongings have been removed.
- If the locker is surrendered in between the financial year, rent already collected will NOT be refunded to the hirer.
- In case where the hirer wishes to surrender the locker after expiry of the exiting lease period, will be allowed on payment of arrears of locker rent, if any at the stipulated rate structure.
- Bank can also insist for surrender of locker with due notice.
Settlement of claims
- Settlement of claim to the nominee or the legal heirs shall be subject to the following:
- Proper identification and establishing the identity of the survivor(s) nominee(s)
- There should not be any order from a competent court restraining the bank from giving access to the locker of the deceased.
- In case nomination is available, contents of the locker shall be delivered to the nominee after proper identification of the nominee and subject to production of necessary documents.
- Where no nomination is available, settlement shall be made to the legal heirs as per bank's claim settlement policy.
Breaking open of locker:
- Locker may be brake opened either at request of the hirer /s or by the bank for default in payment of prescribed charges or for any other reason.
- Break open charges shall be recoverable from the hirer/s
- Bank shall engage the suppliers of the locker unit to break open the locker.
- When the Locker is brake opened at the request of the hirer, the same shall take place in the presence of the hirer or his nominee as the case may be.
- When the locker is brake opened at the instance of the bank, the customer shall be provided notices in advance as per the internal procedures and then it will be brake opened by the representative of the suppliers in the presence of two respectable Non - staff independent witnesses, in addition to the officers of the branch.