A method of banking in which the customer conducts financial and non financial transactions electronically via the Internet.
A bank customer can perform non-transactional tasks through online banking, including
• Viewing account balances.
• Viewing recent transactions.
• Downloading bank statements, for example in PDF format.
• Viewing status of cheques.
• Ordering cheque books.
• Download periodic account statements.
AdvantagesThere are some advantages on using e-banking both for banks and customers:
* Permanent access to the bank.
* Lower transaction costs / general cost reductions.
* Access anywhere.
* Less time consuming.
* Very safe and secure method.
* Helps to know the transaction details immediately and accurately.
* Security of account.